Blog Overview

A place for TV reviews and re-caps, written by unabashed, existentially minded, lesbians with 'bitch-you-out' tendencies.

We're just gonna recap the shows we like to watch. If you got suggestions... HOLLA AT US!

Mostly a bunch of random pop culture, music, Harry Potter, hot chicks, philosophical and social rants, and just things to brighten the day or to make us more aware.


Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hey Jude, get this kid OFF the stage

I'm not an avid American Idol watcher. I used to watch it occasionally when it started back in the 1980s...wait...how long has it been on TV? Every now and then I catch an episode and each time I am confronted with a slew of untalented Americans trying their best to make their unrealistic dream come true. If this show fired all the judges immediately, outed Ryan Seacrest on air, and displayed real talent (as America's Best Dance Crew does- see previous post), then I could have some respect for it. As it airs now however, is disgusting-- I can't believe that a show that has the sole mission of finding the BEST new emerging talent in the whole of America can't show us anything actually good. Except for Kathryn McPhee from the 5th season, who is smokin' hot. Although I'm having trouble remembering what her voice sounds like. Did I mention that she's hot?



Normally I ignore the reality show, but I work in entertainment-- so I keep hearing about this one contestant. Since the 7th season started all I have heard about is this young guy who is gracing the Fox show with his baby face and baby voice. This homolicious 17-year-old is David Archuleta and he is one of the favorites to win. Now, I can see why some young girls might find him oh-so-dreamy (and by young girls, I mean other little homo boys), but good enough to warrant all this praise?



I don't even think he is the worst I've seen on the show, especially if you have been unlucky enough to watch the first few episodes of each season. He has a mediocre voice- not terrible, but not outstanding. This week however, he decided to cover a Beatles' song (We Can Work it Out). There are just no words. But take a look at his performance (below), followed by my open letter to David.



Dear David,

Please never attempt to sing a Beatles' song ever again. It is an insult to the band, to me, to Mother Earth, and really to yourself. I don't think we can work this out. Maybe next week you should try "It's Raining Men" or "I'm Coming Out". Just some random selections I thought might actually work out for you.


~Shia Woods

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post if fuckin hilar. Thanks for not being p.c. and not being a buttlicking people pleaser. thanks a bunch. I especially love the "open letter".