Blog Overview

A place for TV reviews and re-caps, written by unabashed, existentially minded, lesbians with 'bitch-you-out' tendencies.

We're just gonna recap the shows we like to watch. If you got suggestions... HOLLA AT US!

Mostly a bunch of random pop culture, music, Harry Potter, hot chicks, philosophical and social rants, and just things to brighten the day or to make us more aware.


Monday, March 10, 2008

YAY! L Word Season 6

The L Word has been signed up for a sixth and final season. Only 8 episodes long... but it's still something. The L Word will be the first Showtime series to go to six seasons. Congratulations to the L Word creators.

As much as I have bitched about the L Word and hated on it. I truly can't picture life without new episodes. No L Word on Sunday.. ever again..... I don't know how I'm gonna deal. Especially because this season was so fuckin good. The last moment of the last episode, for me, will be one of those experiences that makes you feel like you can't breathe.

Loss of stability is hard to shake off, and the L Word has somehow become one of my stable structures. Without feeling it, this semi-soap opera, disjointed, mostly plot-less show has become part of my life. And lets face it, it's the only real representation the lesbian community has on TV (that doesn't make us look like a bunch of sex-less, hairy, political activists). I have forgotten what it feels like to have no mainstream image of myself, or someone like myself, on TV. The Logo shows, South of Nowhere, they just didn't put lesbians out there for a large audience to see. Only now, am I starting to see what an amazing thing Ilene Chaiken did.

Here's to you L Word. May the time we have together prepare me for your farewell.

My wish for the grande finale: Shane and Jenny get together.

-Vanessa Lynch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a Jenny/Shane/Helena polyamorous relationship!? That would be the best ending to season 6.